Keeping your office files and documents well protected is important and mandatory. There is no better way to do it than with an office fire safe. Unfortunately, it does not matter how technologically advanced your safe is. The possibility of forgetting your code exists and in such cases, you need to know how to reset it.
In this article, we will give you a step-by-step guide on how to reset your office fire safe code without the need to contact the manufacturers. Continue reading below to learn how you can solve this problem without extra stress.
5 steps on how to reset your office fire safe code
There are several solutions depending on the type of office fire safe in front of you. Assuming that it is a digital one, we have explained the most possible case for the common models on the market.
- 1. On the inside of most modern safes, there is a button for resetting the current cipher. This button is normally located on the back panel of the electronic lock.
- 2. You can get to it with a thin strong wire or a long knitting needle through the holes in the back wall of the store, designed to be mounted on the wall.
- Search for small holes or simply check the instructions manual (hopefully you kept it).
- With the wire, press the reset button. This should ultimately put the office fire safe in its original factory state.
- Once you have pressed the reset button, you should normally hear a sound, or the front panel will light up. At this point, you should enter the brand new code on the keypad. Make sure to write it down this time!
This is the simplest way to reset the code but of course, this option is not always present. The following instructions should solve the problems in case you cannot open the actual safe at all.
How do I reset it if I forget the code or lose the master key?
‘How do I open my safe and reset my code when I have lost the key and forgotten the code?’This is a typical issue that can turn into a nervous breakdown if it happens at an inconvenient time.
Some people would suggest opening the safe with force. After all, despite the advertisements, many products out there are not as good as they say. However, it must be remembered that any mistake can lead to irreparable consequences, as a result of which the contents of the safe can be damaged.
With this said, we recommend following this step-by-step guide on how to open the safe in order to reset youroffice fire safe code.
1. Master Key
Many models of office fire safes have an emergency opening function without entering a code. You will need a special master key, which is usually stored separately from the box. If you have such a key, all you have to do is find it and the problem will be solved. Once the safe is opened, you will be able to reset the code by following the instructions on the manual.
2. Emergency Codes
There are also special emergency codes, which can be clarified with the representatives of the manufacturer or the company's dealers. To do this, you will need to provide documents confirming the purchase of this safe, or other evidence that it belongs to you. But we recommend trying the steps below before you contact anybody.
3. Factory Master Code
If the lock does not support the emergency opening function or the master key is lost (prudently locked in the safe), try dialing the factory master code specified in the instructions - it is possible that you forgot to change it after purchasing the safe.
This is usually a primitive code like 1-2-3-4-5-6. If the master code was nevertheless changed and subsequently lost, you will have to call the service - without the help of a specialist, it will not work to open the safe carefully without damaging it.
How to prevent office fire-safe emergencies?
Safes generally last years, possibly decades. If you spend a little extra at the beginning, you will likely not have to spend more money in the near future. Nevertheless, safes require some maintenance from time to time. Here are some recommendations that you can take into account and prevent future problems.
- Always write down all codes and keep them in a separate place. Never keep the emergency or factory codes in the safe.
- Make yourself an extra key and also keep it out of the safe. People often have to deal with this problem. They put the extra key inside and then lose the original.
- Change the office fire safe code periodically. Keeping the same password for a long time is not a good idea.
- Electronic systems are usually powered up by batteries. Make sure to change the batteries once a year or at least once every two years. Conveniently, modern safes often come with indicators that show battery life.
- Do not throw away the manual. Even if you copy all the necessary information and keep it elsewhere, accidents happen. Plus, we seriously doubt that you will copy all the data apart from the codes. Manuals can often solve problems you don’t expect.
You probably landed on this page during an emergency. We hope that we answered all your questions on how to reset the code on your office fire safe. If the answers here did not help you, we recommend the only other solution - seek professional help.
If you are just now in need of a new office fire safe, we have you covered. Have you heard of a company called Phoenix Safe or their Fireproof File Cabinets?
Phoenix Safe offers a variety of high-end fireproof file cabinets available in different sizes and colors. If you have had bad experiences with fire safes in the past, these file cabinets have been tested at extreme conditions with fire and explosives according to industry standards.
Even more, most office fire safes can protect from the heat but can't cope with water. The Phoenix Safe Fireproof File Cabinets are also completely waterproof. Follow thislink to see the different options and your precious documents and possessions will never again be in danger.