Having a gun inside your house can give you peace of mind. It will serve as protection to your family in case a burglar or thief enters your premises. But, it won’t be a good idea to just leave your gun in a drawer or cabinet. You need a biometric gun safe bedside that would allow you to access your firearm even in the middle of the night. At the same time, it should be secure enough to prevent burglars from using it against you and your family.
There are tons of brands and models in the market today, which makes it extremely hard to find a suitable gun safe for your needs. If you want to have the best storage for your firearm, here are the top 5 bedside gun safes that you can use.
Top 5 Biometric Gun Safe Bedside Reviews
If you’re looking for something modern with full security features, the Vaultek VT20i is definitely your cup of tea. It comes with the latest gun-safe technology such as Bluetooth, fingerprint scanner, and other anti-tampering capabilities.
This is a bit pricey than other models, but it’s not a waste of money. The biometric scanner can record and store up to 20 fingerprints. Unless you have a whole bunch of friends and relatives living in your house, you won’t be able to fill up all the slots.
Robust and resilient construction is the core of Vaulteks products. The VT20i is the same since it is designed to resist tampering from burglars. The anti-pry bars, impact-resistant latches along with interior hinges will stop the robbers from getting access to the safe.
The VT20i is very convenient to use as well. The Bluetooth app enables you to check the battery levels of the vault and change the lighting brightness. You can even unlock the gun safe remotely, which is very convenient in times of emergency. If you want value and more security, spending a bit more on this model is definitely worth it.
SentrySafe QAP1BE Gun Safe
SentrySafe is one of the leading manufacturers of safes and vaults. They specialize in low-end safes so their products are very affordable. Despite their low pricing, their security safes are highly sought-after, especially the SentrySafe QAP1BE Gun Safe.
- The QAP1BE model is one of their top handgun safes. It’s very popular because of its multiple access modes. It allows you to open the safe in three different methods. You can use the biometric scanner where your fingerprint will be scanned. If your finger is sweating and the biometric scanner is having a hard time verifying that it’s you, you can use the electronic pin or your key.
- The vault is made from solid steel and the door is pry-resistant as well. You have to take note that even if the vault is made resilient, burglars will still find a way to open it.
GunVault SVB500 Pistol Safe
The GunVault SVB500 Pistol Safe is the real definition of “quick access to firearms”. It is a safe exclusively made for handguns since it’s installed vertically. Once you unlock the vault, it will open automatically and your gun will be ready for use.
- With an 18-gauge steel frame, it is strong enough to prevent burglars from opening it fast. But, a determined robber can still open it within 30 minutes or so. This is not a bad deal since thieves won’t spend too much time opening a safe.
- The gravity drop door is one of the features that you will love about SVB500. There are no springs and other moving parts in play when opening the safe. Since it is in a vertical position, the door will drop open as soon as you unlock it and the gun will be accessible immediately.
- With over 120 possible scans, you won’t have a hard time accessing the gun safe with your fingerprint. You can store multiple scans of your fingers so you can open it easily under any situation.
Moutec Biometric Gun Safe
The Moutec Biometric gun safe is one of the most stylish firearm vaults on the list. If you only have a handgun in your house and you want to put it beside your bed, this is the best choice for you.
- This gun safe allows you to access your gun immediately. Just like the other vaults, the door will open automatically once it is unlocked.
- The safe is made from reinforced steel to provide the ultimate safety that you are looking for. It comes with an internal safety bracket and built-in hinges for additional protection.
- This safe can also record and store 20 fingerprints. That’s a pretty good deal if you don’t have a lot of relatives living in your house. Even if the lights are off, the LED lighting from the safe will allow you to see it.
Stealth Safes SwiftVault 2.0
Stealth Safes SwiftVault 2.0 is a great option if you are on a tight budget. This safe is very affordable, but it comes with all the basic security features that you need from a biometric gun safe.
- This vault can store up to 31 unique fingerprints. Compared to most small gun safes, this is already a good deal. Aside from biometric security, you can also open it through the key override and the 4-button electric lock.
- The 12-gauge steel construction and the 14-gauge steel door will guarantee that burglars will have a hard time opening it forcefully.
- When SwiftVault 2.0’s silent mode is turned on, the safe will open without creating any noise.
With all the top brands and models introduced to you, there’s no reason to skip a gun safe. As long as you have a gun in your house, this is a must-have. It protects your gun from burglars and you can keep it away from your kids.
It’s better to get a biometric gun safe bedside that is packed with security features. They might be more expensive than common safes, but your firearms will be more secured.